Currently Hiring: 2 Staff Accountants
- Want to work for an established local business that cares about its staff, clients and community?
If you’ve answered “yes” to the above, then this is the job for you!
Reporting to the President, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for a blended portfolio of personal and corporate taxes and accounting. You will use research and best practices to inform sound decision-making. The role has the potential to grow into an ownership position for the right candidate.
- Use research to support internal processes and to help clients make informed decisions
- Stay current with current legislation and allowable deductions
- Prepare Notice to Reader Financial Statements, Corporate & Personal taxes.
- Full cycle recordkeeping and Accounting to year end closing complete.
This is an ideal role if you are:
- Well organized, accurate with strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities, often in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Your credentials and skills include:
- Post-secondary education in Business.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience doing corporate taxes, personal taxes and accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Revenue Agency process and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using MS Office, Sage, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, CaseWare, Cantax or other tax prep software
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as a part of a close-knit team
- Bilingualism is an asset but it is not required for this role.
- Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Must be willing to work overtime in March, April and May – including Saturdays
Who we are:
For over 30 years, the experts at Sheppard & Associates has been providing a wide range of accounting, financial and insurance solutions to individuals, families and small- and medium-sized businesses in North Grenville and surrounding areas. We are a close-knit team that operates out of our newly renovated office in Kemptville, Ontario. Above all, we are an accounting firm that cares – about its clients, employees and community!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Two weeks of holidays
- Family atmosphere
- Potential for growth
- Opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to get involved in the community
To be negotiated, based on experience.
If selected for this opportunity, you will work full time from our Kemptville office.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: